Saturday, April 2, 2011

Song leaks

A couple of days ago I found out New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys have made a song together. It is not out yet but has gotten leaked out. A web news site posted an article about the guys and their new song. She then posted a link to it. She was told the song wasn't released yet so she apologized and took the link off. The damage has been done.

Now some fans have gotten a hold of this song from the link and now is making it's way around. This song is now out before it has been released and I am sure people are putting it on their ipods and sharing it. This means the guys are not going to make that much money from the song because no one wants to wait until it is released to the public and pay for it. I find this to be very disrespectful to the guys and their hard work they put into the songs.

When I went on youtube for something, I saw that the song was up. I clicked on it to see if it was the song. Once I realized it was, I paused it. I refuse to hear it until it is supposed to be released to the public. Now that it's on youtube, anybody can hear it and get it for free from a dis-tractor web site. I wonder if the guys are aware of this. I guess I should try to make it known to them.

I put up some tweets displaying my annoyance of this and I am sure some people just rolled their eyes and thought I was going over board. I don't care because it really bugs me how some people today just want want want. They are not willing to wait for something and even pay for it just because the option of getting it for free is there. This will effect the guys because they could be making even more money if everyone was to buy it. Seriously, talk about being greedy and selfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment